Thursday, October 21, 2010

NY seen through my Iphone...

I took a quick weekend trip with some friends a few weeks back to NY. I painted at the Meeting of Styles with Auks One and met tons of heads that were a real inspiration. But I also had a chance to take a look around and see some really nice things...and interesting!

I also had a long overdue visit to ground zero and pay my respects. It was emotional being there and seeing the scar it had left, not only in the middle of the city, but on the people. On september 11th, I took a walk around Time Square at night and the tension in the air could be felt perfectly.

I didn't take any pictures. I didn't feel it would be appropriate.

Anyways, going on to the pictures...

MMM GIRLS? haha

Look at the ad in the middle. It was impressive.



@5 Pointz there were MANY layers of paint... they even said that it was in part thanks to these layers, that the building didn't have problems with the water, being such an old building and all...


"1motime"



5 Pointz at the far end...


Impressive BOMBED door @ 5 Pointz


This is where I would end up painting...


No comments:

Post a Comment